Highbury Homes is bound by the National Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) which set clear standards regarding these activities.
Highbury Homes and the Highbury Homes Group
- The kinds of personal information that Highbury Homes collects;
- How Highbury Homes collects and holds personal information;
- The purposes for which Highbury Homes collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information;
- How you may access the personal information that Highbury Homes holds about you, and how you may seek correction of that personal information;
- Disclosure of overseas recipients that Highbury Homes uses to handle personal information;
- Significant handling practices used by Highbury Homes.
- How you may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles by Highbury Homes and how Highbury Homes will deal with such a complaint.
1. The kinds of personal information that Highbury Homes collects.
In the process of conducting its business, Highbury Homes may collect a wide range of personal information, including:
- your name;
- your address;
- your date of birth;
- your telephone number(s);
- your e-mail address;
- details about your earnings (only if you are using our finance options);
- information contained on identification documents (such as driving licences) and, in some specific cases, copies of such identification documents, where we require these to verify your identity;
- your IP (Internet Protocol) address, server address, domain name, browser, operating system;
- information on your browsing activity when visiting our website (pages visited, time on site, number of visits, campaign tracking, search data);
- your user name for social networking sites that you use, to refer to, or in conjunction with, competitions and giveaways; and
- personal preferences and household information.
2. How Highbury Homes collects and holds personal information.
Highbury Homes collect personal information in several ways, including:
- when you subscribe to Highbury Homes mailing list;
- when you enter competitions or promotions run by Highbury Homes;
- when you browse Highbury Homes website;
- when you submit an enquiry using Highbury Homes website;
- when you publicly comment about Highbury Homes on social media sites (for example so that we can answer questions about our homes).
If you are visiting Highbury Homes website, we may use technology to collect information as to your activities, including:
- the IP address of your computer (or other devices);
- your web browsing history on Highbury Homes website.
We do not generally collect “sensitive information” (such as information about ethnic origin, religious or political views, health information, etc.) from you.
The following Google Analytics features are implemented on this website:
- “Demographics & Interest Reports”: this feature allows us to better understand who our users are for users that have demographics associated with them. Highbury Homes and our agencies use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) or other first-party identifiers to collect website user information for the purposes of analysing website traffic and visitor behaviour.
- “Remarketing with Google Analytics”: this feature allow Google to show you advertisements based on your previous visits to Highbury Homes website.
Visitors can opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Feature Demographics & Interest Reports and Remarketing with Google Analytics feature by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page: http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/ For more information about this we encourage you to visit Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Highbury Homes will not facilitate the merging of personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information collected through any Google advertising product or feature.
At Highbury Homes, we are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
3. The purposes for which Highbury Homes collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information.
The personal information you provide to Highbury Homes is generally used to provide goods or services to you, and in particular for the following reasons:
- to keep an internal record of the transactions with each other;
- to provide you with products or services (buying a home or accessing finance);
- to improve our products and services;
- to periodically send you promotional emails about new homes, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided, if you have indicated that you would like Highbury Homes to do so;
- to contact you for market research purposes, by email, phone, fax or mail, from time to time. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
4. How you may access the personal information that Highbury Homes holds about you, and how you may seek correction of that personal information.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes;
- if you have previously agreed to Highbury Homes using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing Highbury Homes at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may unsubscribe from our database using the “unsubscribe” function provided at the bottom of any emails previously sent to you by Highbury Homes.
Highbury Homes will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless required by law to do so or with your authorisation. Highbury Homes may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which you may find interesting, if you instruct Highbury Homes that you wish this to happen. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. For most requests, your information will be provided free of charge, however we may charge a reasonable fee if your request requires a substantial effort on their part. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write email@example.com. If you believe that any information Highbury Homes is holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email Highbury Homes as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
5. Disclosure of overseas recipients that Highbury Homes uses to handle personal information.
Highbury Homes could need to disclose your personal information to an Overseas Recipient (third party), for example in the instance of a database hosted outside Australia, or where you are interacting with a web or mobile application based overseas. Before disclosing your personal information to an Overseas Recipient, Highbury Homes has an obligation under APP 8.1 to take reasonable steps to ensure that the Overseas Recipient does not breach the APPs in relation to your personal information, as well as an obligation under APP 6 to only disclose your personal information to an Overseas Recipient for the primary purpose for which that personal information was collected (unless an exception applies under APP 6). At Highbury Homes, we take all reasonable steps to select reliable and compliant Overseas Recipients. The countries to which Highbury Homes is most likely to send your personal information include the United States of America, Canada and Ireland.
6. Significant handling practices used by Highbury Homes.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the websites in question.
7. How you may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles by Highbury Homes and how Highbury Homes will deal with such a complaint.
Highbury Homes contacts are:
Unit 8 Imola Business Park, 524 Abernethy Road
Kewdale WA 6105
Phone: +61 (08) 9360 8400
Highbury Homes will try to resolve your complaint within a timely manner, and anyway letting you know who is responsible for managing your complaint. You will then be contacted to let you know how long it will take to resolve the complaint.
If Highbury Homes is unable to resolve your complaint you will be advised to make further inquiries, or make a complaint directly with the Privacy Commissioner whose contact details are found on their website http://www.oaic.gov.au.